Nature of Biology 2 5E VCE Units 3 and 4 eBookPLUS & Print + StudyOn VCE Biology Units 3 and 4 3E
|Pub date:||November 2016|
Features and benefits
- New HTML5 interactivities are available. These are designed to engage, excite and enhance understanding by bringing difficult concepts to life.
- The theory is written by highly experienced authors with a proven and fundamental understanding of how students learn and succeed in exams.
- Quick check revision questions throughout the chapter check and challenge students’ understanding.
- A wide range of graded end-of-chapter questions including a Biochallenge section.
- studyON VCE Biology Units 3 and 4 is fully integrated with the student text. studyON is Jacaranda's unique study, revision and exam preparation tool.
Unit 3: Area of Study 1: Cellular processes
Chapter 1: Cells: a review
Chapter 2: Nucleic acids and proteins: a review
Chapter 3: Enzymes and biochemical pathways
Chapter 4: Energy transfers and transformations
Unit 3: Area of Study 2: How do living systems sustain life?
Chapter 5: Cellular signals
Chapter 6: Pathogens all around us
Chapter 7: Immune defences against pathogens
Chapter 8: Defects of the immune system
Unit 4: Area of Study 1: Species relationships
Chapter 9: Changes in genetic makeup of populations
Chapter 10: Changes in biodiversity over time
Chapter 11: How are species related?
Chapter 12: Human changes over time
Unit 4: Area of Study 2: Human impacts
Chapter 13: DNA manipulation
Chapter 14: DNA applications in society
Chapter 15: Manipulating genes in organisms
Chapter 16: Biological knowledge in response to disease
Chapter 17: Practical investigations