Maths Quest 11 Specialist Mathematics VCE Units 1&2 eBookPLUS (Online Purchase) + StudyOn VCE Specialist Mathematics Units 1&2 (Online Purchase)
|Pub date:||November 2015|
Maths Quest 11 Specialist Mathematics VCE Units 1 and 2 eBookPLUS (Online Purchase) with studyON VCE Specialist Mathematics Units 1 and 2 (Online Purchase) provides comprehensive coverage of the new VCE Study Design for 2016-2019. It includes Jacaranda’s unique exam preparation tool, studyON, which has been fully integrated with the text to maximise every student’s opportunity for exam success.
Features and benefits
• Many HTML5 interactivities are available. These are designed to engage, excite and enhance understanding by bringing difficult concepts to life.
• The theory is written by highly experienced and successful teachers with a proven and fundamental understanding of how students learn mathematics and succeed in exams.
• Every exercise contains three levels of carefully graded questions which allow students to practise, consolidate and master their knowledge independently.
• Thousands of new questions have been written exclusively for this series, including many higher level questions that stretch students’ understanding of mathematics for improved learning outcomes.
• CAS support is provided within the student text through activities and questions. Additionally, students can obtain detailed step-by-step instructions by accessing the TI-Nspire CAS or the Casio ClassPad II Calculator Manuals in the Prelim section of their eBookPLUS
• studyON VCE Specialist Mathematics Units 1 and 2 is fully integrated with the student text. studyON is Jacaranda’s unique study, revision and exam preparation tool.
Students can rely on Jacaranda’s dedicated customer service and support.
This resource is a comprehensive digital-only product that includes studyON VCE Specialist Mathematics Units 1 and 2.
studyON for Units 1 and 2 is a comprehensive study, revision and exam preparation tool that delivers proven learning outcomes.
Features and benefits
• Sit exams: VCAA exam-style questions along with marking guides. Students receive instant feedback and can track their results at a concept, topic or whole-course level.
• Concepts: Concept summary screens provide concise, in-depth explanations supported by relevant examples.
• Read more: Hyperlinks direct students to more information in the Jacaranda eBookPLUS.
1 Number systems: real and complex
1.1 Kick off with CAS
1.2 Review of set notation
1.3 Properties of surds
1.4 The set of complex numbers
1.5 Multiplication and division of complex numbers
1.6 Representing complex numbers on the Argand plane.
1.7 Factorising quadratic expressions and solving quadratic
equations over the complex number field
2 Algebra and logic
2.1 Kick off with CAS
2.2 Statements (propositions), connectives and truth tables
2.3 Valid and Invalid arguments
2.4 Techniques of proof
2.5 Sets and Boolean Algebra
2.6 Digital logic
3 Sequences and series
3.1 Kick off with CAS
3.2 Describing sequences
3.3 Arithmetic sequences
3.4 Arithmetic series
3.5 Geometric sequences
3.6 Geometric series
3.7 Applications of sequences and series
4 Geometry in the plane
4.1 Kick off with CAS
4.2 Review of basic geometry
4.3 Geometric constructions
4.4 Similarity and congruence
4.6 Circle geometry
4.7 Tangents chords and circles
5 Trigonometric ratios and their applications
5.1 Kick off with CAS
5.2 Trigonometry of right angled triangles
5.3 Elevation, depression and bearings
5.4 The sine rule
5.5 The cosine rule
5.5 Arcs, sectors and segments
6 Simulation, sampling and sampling distributions
6.1 Kick off with CAS
6.2 Random experiments, events and event spaces
6.4 Populations and Samples
6.5 Distribution of Sample proportions
6.6 Measures of central tendency and spread
7 Coordinate geometry
7.1 Kick off with CAS
7.2 Distance between two points
7.3 Midpoint of a line segment
7.4 Parallel and perpendicular lines
8.1 Kick off with CAS
8.2 Introduction to vectors
8.3 Operations on vectors
8.4 Magnitude, direction and components of vectors
8.5 i, j notation
8.6 Applications of vectors
9.1 Kick off with CAS
9.2 Introduction to kinematics
9.3 Velocity-time graphs and acceleration-time graphs
9.4 Constant acceleration formulas
9.5 Instantaneous rates of change
10 Circular Functions
10.1 Kick off with CAS
10.2 Modelling with Trigonometry
10.3 Reciprocal trigonometric functions
10.4 Graphs of reciprocal trigonometric functions
10.5 Trigonometric identities
10.6 Compound and double angle formulas
10.7 Other identities
11 Linear and non-linear relationships
11.1 Kick off with CAS
11.2 Reciprocal graphs
11.3 The circle and the ellipse
11.4 The hyperbola
11.5 Polar coordinates, equations and graphs
11.6 Parametric equations
12.1 Kick off with CAS
12.2 Translations of points and graphs
12.3 Reflections and dilations
12.4 Successive transformations
12.5 Matrices and transformations