Science inquiry has never been more important than it is today. The world has turned to science as we deal with the immediate and ongoing effects of COVID-19. Science inquiry skills are not just developed in a lab, they begin at school. We want to help you and your students find time to inquire in all learning settings.
In response, we asked three thought-leading science teachers to join us for this on-demand webinar: Tools for science inquiry for every learning setting – remote, mixed and face-to-face. During this webinar, the expert panel discusses:
- Practical strategies and resources to develop science inquiry skills (SIS)
- Incorporating SIS for any setting – remote, mixed and face-to-face
- Plus, how the new editions of Jacaranda Science Quest VC can help
As part of this webinar, we will showcase new editions of the Jacaranda Science Quest 7-10 for Victorian Curriculum series for the 2021 school year, delivered on Australia’s most powerful digital learning platform that allows learning to take place at any time, and anywhere.
The new editions of Jacaranda’s Science Quest 7-10 for Victorian Curriculum series include:
- Scientific inquiry skills embedded throughout the content and across a wide range of practical activities
- Differentiated learning outcomes and activities for each sub-topic to allow every student, regardless of ability, to experience success
- Detailed and extensive teacher advice and support
About the speakers:
Ben Williams is the International Baccalaureate Chemistry Lead, and VCE Chemistry and science teacher at Methodist Ladies’ College. He is a frequent speaker at conferences in Melbourne and former Secretary of the Early Careers Chemistry Network.
Sarah Beamish’s passion for education and communicating complex scientific concepts, led her to become a teacher. Formerly a research scientist, she has also been a VCAA assessor for VCE Biology.
Jason Wallace is an experienced international chemistry/science teacher, with over 25 years experience. He is the current Assistant Chief Assessor for VCE Chemistry and member of the VCE Chemistry Study Design review panel.
Alanna Duffy is Jacaranda’s Science Publisher, and a former teacher.
Chris Gerakiteys is Jacaranda’s Science Publisher.